From his role as Head of Logistics & Planning at Weir, through the delivery of a wide range of projects David has substantial experience of programme and project management delivery.
Recent Construction & Regeneration Projects
- North Glasgow Integrated Water Management System – Project Leader on behalf of the Metropolitan Glasgow Strategic Drainage Partnership c £8m
- Helix Project (Grangemouth, Scotland) –c.£43m regeneration project with international acclaim delivered on budget and to client partnership satisfaction
- Paddlesports Centre North Glasgow – A c. £3m whitewater course delivered as part of wider regeneration project within North Glasgow
- Two reservoir works in the interest of safety construction projects - Birkenburn & Cobbinshaw reservpirs in Central Scotland c£5m
- One Emergency Response to Planned Repair – Failed Weir at Cullochy, Ft. Augustus, a technical reservoir within the Great Glen at Loch Ness c£1.3m
Recent Organisational Development Projects
- Workforce Planning Project – Corporate Project for British Waterways (Scottish Canals), including job evaluation, T&C harmonisation, succession planning & leadership development
- Compliance Assurance Project – As part of the British Waterways de-merger, a 24 month compliance assurance project leading to a suite of Quality documents for the new organization was delivered and validate by internal and external audit, this is now supported by a functioning assurance framework
- Development of an innovative risk management suite
- Development of a health and safety system
- Delivery of a number of re-structuring programmes within a variety of different organisations and for different reasons.