David has a background in quality management systems and has been trained in both internal and external audit which combined with active experience and training in lean six-sigma both at Weir Group and British Waterways has given him the ability to tailor lean tools to fit most problem solving challenges within organisations. David has been trained to lean six sigma green belt level and has experience of setting up and running business improvement teams.
Whilst at Weir Group David worked within Kaizen groups and established a Kaizen collaboration with Baker Oil Tools at their plant in Houston, Texas. This productive relationship fostered through business improvement allowed two businesses with a similar but non-competing product range to actively work together on shared business challenges.
David has been successful in:
- delivering a full ISO9000 system to accreditation & an ISO 14000 system to accreditation.
- developing one emergency management system and two fully fledged business continuity plans both audited by Marsh Consulting & BDO respectively with supporting emergency management protocols.
- developing a health & safety management system to OHSAS 18000 standard with supporting induction “game” & safety auditing APP.
- implementing a full risk management system audited by BDO & Audit Scotland.
- Delivering a full compliance project following organisational de-merger
As an experienced operations manager working within fast paced commercial businesses with relatively high risk processes ranging from Highway Maintenance, Manufacturing Logistics and a range of Public Facing civil engineering asset management challenges combined with the management of visitor attractions, David has significant experience in managing and responding to risk, emergency and business continuity scenarios.